Auggie’s Sheepskin Leather Goods and GiftsBy auggies On July 15, 2016
1–Lift the rug off the ground and gently shake it. Don’t be too vigorous, otherwise you could tear out the wool. This will remove trapped dust and dirt.
2– Vacuum your rug using a brush attachment to remove any remaining trapped particles
3– Fill a spay bottle with 1/2 quart of water. Mix in 1 cap-full of Cloud Nine Sheepskin Shampoo. This will make a detergent that will refresh, replace lanolin, fight stains and reduce odor.
4–Spray your sheepskin until damp. Then sponge or wipe with soft cloth. Don’t saturate the sponge; make sure it’s squeezed so it doesn’t drip. Too much water could cause the leather side to harden. If the stains don’t come out, leave it to dry and repeat the process.
5–Use a dry towel to rub up as much water as you can. Keep turning the towel to its driest part. (This will remove more and more dirt). Lightly brush the sheepskin, air dry out of direct sunlight and heat. After drying, then brush again.
Things You Will Need
- Wire brush used for sheepskin
- Vacuum cleaner with brush attachment
- Cloud Nine Sheepskin Shampoo
- Quart Spray bottle
- Never wash sheepskin with traditional washing liquid, washing powder or fabric softener.
- Try to avoid machine washing whenever possible. If machine washing is preferred, refer to the following post.